Tuesday, September 15, 2015

What is a Dental Implant?

I'm not sure of the reaction that I will get here.
I am going to put up a picture of what a dental implant looks like.

Sometimes people just don't want to know about stuff like that.
When someone is going to get a hip replaced, bowel resection, etc
sometimes the worst thing they can do is go onto the internet and look
for pictures of the procedure they are about to have done. 
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. 

But even with all that being said, I'm going to do this anyway.
If you have children sitting on your lap you may want to 
have them look away.

I give you ...... a dental implant.


Yup. That's it.
We take out the bad tooth. 
We use the hole that is ALREADY THERE.
We thread the implant into the old tooth space.
We then put a crown on the implant.

If this doesn't seem that bad, it's because ...
it isn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment